"Dirty Sexy Money" @ Paley Festival
The cast of ABC's deluxe sudser "Dirty Sexy Money" took the stage at the Paley festival on Tuesday night to discuss where the show is headed as it returns next fall for a 2nd season.
Peter Krause (Nick George), William Baldwin (Patrick Darling), Natalie Zea (Karen Darling), Glenn Fitzgerald (Brian Darling), Seth Gabel (Jeremy Darling), Zoe McLellan (Lisa George) and Blair Underwood (Simon Elder) took part in the event along with executive producer Greg Berlanti and creator Craig Wright.
Donald Sutherland (Tripp Darling) and Jill Clayburgh (Letitia Darling) were on a promotional tour in the UK where the show premiered a couple of weeks ago. Samaire Armstrong (Juliet Darling) was unavailable.
Here is some of the information disclosed at the panel:
* Filming on season 2 will begin on May 1.
* The 3 unaired episodes produced during the writers' strike will undergo heavy tweaking as a number of scenes may have been executed differently than the writers, who were unavailable for assistance, had envisioned them.
* Bill Chais ("Shark") and Paul Redford ("Journeyman") have both joined the show's writing staff this season which will be run by incoming showrunner Daniel Cerone ("Dexter").
* The writers will address the question whether Candis Cayne's transexual character Carmelita is pre- or post-op when they find the right moment in season 2.
* In addition to 13 new episodes (3 already filmed plus 10 all-new) ABC has also ordered scripts for episodes 214, 215 and 216.
* Season 1 of "Dirty Sexy Money" may have been the most expensive freshman season ever produced on network TV.
* Patrick Darling's election campaign won't be timed to the actual election due to time constraints. His being open about himself will bring him success.
* New showrunner Daniel Cerone plans to relieve the storylines of some of their emotional hyperactivity and tell a deeper story giving the show's amazing cast a chance to do greater scenes.
* The Dutch George murder mystery will be given a satisfying conclusion in the 2nd season. No matter who the killer is, the ultimate blame will lie at money. The storyline was supposed to be resolved in season 1, but that wasn't possible because of the writers' strike.
* Creator Craig Wright already knows how he wants to end the series, when ABC decides to pull the plug one day. The conclusion may be along the lines of 'The Divine Comedy'.
* The producers believe Nick voicing his love for Karen would not benefit the show. The storyline of making Karen Nick's half-sibling was proposed and shot down.
* Nick and Lisa will continue to be a couple for a very long time. ABC found one of Lisa's scenes for season 2 (in which she bring home a piano) "too silly."
* Brian Jr. will return in season 2.
* The party scene on the bridge in episode 105 was taped on a green screen set at Paramount.
* About half of the jewelry worn on "Dirty Sexy Money" is real. In one episode, Natalie Zea said she had over a million dollars worth of diamonds on her.
* The "3 Ants" painting Lisa George bought is real art by Robert Russell.
Labels: Dirty Sexy Money